Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Giving Up...

Me? 

No, no, no.  I'm not giving up.  I have less than 2 weeks left of this madness, so no, not me.

I'm hanging tough for these last few days.

But, I've been thinking about what makes a person give up on things.  What makes us give up on good things for us?  And what qualifies as really giving up?

Is giving up waking up one day and realizing you've ballooned to 500 lbs?  Is giving up something that happens before you reach that point? 

What's does the line look like between saying, "I'm perfect just the way I am" and "I just don't care to do anything more, so this will have to do"?  Is it so black and white?  Does it have to be so black and white?

Why do we push or not push ourselves to be better?  What qualifies as better?  Where does giving up fit in to that?

I don't have the answers to these questions.  I'd actually be surprised if anyone does.  But feel free to share your thoughts.  These are just some questions that I ponder for myself, but if you have an answer, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment