Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Perfection is a Pain

I'm a point nazi..

I really like to have perfect scores on the things that I do.  I blame college for this.  Though not the easiest level of schooling by far, generally speaking, if you put in the time and effort on your work, it is possible to receive full points on at least the assignments you're given. 

So, I've become a perfectionist as much as I possibly can. 

It puts me in an interesting place with this whole point system program.  I fight everyday to do everything on the list to get full points for the day.  Unfortunately, some days it's just not possible to get all my points because of things that come up and throw my schedule off. 

So with this in mind, I'm making a conscious decision today to not worry about perfect points...at least for today. 

See, on Monday, my family got together for dinner and I made dessert.  According to "Ask Heloise" it is rude for a hostess to serve a dessert and not eat some herself, so because I care so much to be perfect in etiquette, I reluctantly had dessert on Monday.  This put me in an awkward situation.  Remember when I said that the no sugar thing was getting easier, yeah, I spoke too soon.  It's been rough again.  So, I wondered to myself if I had it in me to hang on tight for almost two full weeks with zero sugar since I usually save my sugar day for saturdays.  Well, disappointing and uninspirational as I may be, I've decided to have sugar today.  Why?  Because I've had a hard week and I'm rewarding myself, that's why.  No, it's not the greatest reason for giving myself and extra sugar day, but hey, sometimes you just don't have it in you to be perfect and I just don't have it in me today. 

And that's perfectly ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment