Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Doing it YOUR way

As I've had the blessed opportunity to drop a significant amount of weight twice now, I seem to get the question a lot, "So, what are you doing to lose weight so fast?"

Maybe it should be, but isn't, an easy question to answer. 

You see, here's the thing that I'm realizing: 

Different things work for different people.

Ground-breaking, right?

But seriously, the biggest obstacle to weight loss is doing the wrong thing for yourself and hoping that it works.  For many people, dropping all carbs (Atkins, South Beach) works magic.  For others, no red meat and only complex carbs works wonders.  Neither of those options work for me.  I LOVE bread and well, Texas Roadhouse is my favorite restaurant of all time, so not gonna work to give up red meat. 

For many, 3 square and balanced meals a day works magic, but for me, breakfast makes me physically ill and I do much better without it.

I once tried the popular 5 small meals a day.  My biggest issue, 5 small meals turned into 5 large meals and I gained a whole lot of weight, learning from that that I do better if I can eat to full and then be done rather than graze a little at a time.

For me, giving up anything totally makes me so focused on the "can't have" that I become obsessed and set myself up for failure, hence this whole sugar struggle.

So, I find myself at odds with most of the popular advice out there for weight loss. 

But it doesn't matter cause I've taken the time to figure out what works for me.

Have you?

2 comments:

  1. I’m not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.
    Pack of 72 - Splatter Screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephen! Not sure if you'll get this, but I wanted to thank you for stopping by. I have no special knowledge or training besides just experience. I was once a high school health teacher, but have not made the study of fitness and nutrition my primary focus. These are things that work for me and the chance to share my thoughts helps me a ton with the day to day struggle. Please let me know if there are specific questions you have and I would happy to help in any way if I can!

    ReplyDelete