Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Life is what happens when you're out making plans...

Or something like that.

I like making plans.  I like having a schedule.  I like knowing what my day is going to look like before I go to bed the night before. 

I do not like waking up and feeling terrible.  I do not like being up all night with sick children and rushing them to the doctor first thing in the morning.  It wasn't part of the plan, it wasn't part of my day.

But, being flexible with yourself, especially when it comes to weight loss and any program of diet and nutrition that you undertake is essential to your success.  

Recognizing that on most days you can make time for yourself and do what you need to do to be healthy, exercise, eat right, so on...

BUT...

There are days when little ones need mom or dad and no one else will do.  There are days when you need to take care of yourself by NOT getting on the bike, not going for the run, not doing that one video.  There are days like these in all of our lives and it's important to find a balance.  You can run tomorrow.  You can sweat and burn and push another day, but you're needed elsewhere today and that is what is supposed to be. 

There are bigger things in life than your program, so give them their time and then get right back to doing what you're working so hard to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment